C. Mark Carpenter, Fire Chief
Joining the City of Riverside in August, 2012; Chief Carpenter spent over 22 years in the fire service with the City of Dayton. As a native Daytonian, Chief Carpenter served his Dayton career at James M.Cox International Airport in the Division of Aircraft Rescue Firefighting. Chief Carpenter worked his way up through the ranks first serving as a firefighter/paramedic, next as the department’s Training Officer, and then as Division Chief for nine years.
Chief Carpenter is a graduate of the Dayton Fire Academy and holds a Bachelor of Science in Recreation from Bowling Green State University.
Welcome to the City of Riverside Fire Department
The City of Riverside provides fire and medical response services to 26,000-plus residents over 8.5 square miles. We are a department of 52 uniformed personnel. The department has 2 fire stations each manned by four firefighter/EMTs and a Battalion Chief. Personnel respond to both medical and fire calls. We hope that the information within this site will be helpful and useful.
Open Burning Requirements for Recreational Fires
- The fire must be for cooking or recreational purpose.
- Only well seasoned wood shall be burned. The fire cannot be used to dispose of trash or yard waste (No material such as leaves, grass, or garbage).
- The maximum pit or fire ring diameter is three (3) feet by three (3) feet. The fire can be no greater than two (2) feet in height.
- The fire has to be at least 25 feet from any combustible materials.
- Never conduct a recreational fire during strong wind conditions or during a dry period that can cause the fire to spread.
- Do not have a recreational fire when it can create an offensive or objectionable smoke condition. If there are complaints regarding a recreational fire, you may be asked to extinguish the fire.
- The fire shall be constantly attended by a responsible adult until extinguished.
- A fire extinguisher with a 4-A rating, working garden hose, buckets of sand, or other suitable means for extinguishing the fire must be provided at the site.
Fire Department Annual Reports
Reserve A Park Shelter
Reserve a Park Shelter
Need to reserve a park shelter? Just fill out our park reservation request form. Click Here