For a garage sale permit, please e-mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Address of the garage sale
- Dates of the garage sale
- Phone Number
Paper applications are also available at City Administrative Offices, 5200 Springfield Street, Suite 100, Riverside, OH 45431.
Please be aware that all garages must follow the guidelines below:
- All garage sales, including patio, basement, yard, estate or block sales shall be in accordance with the following requirements:
- Such sales may be held from 8:00AM to 6:00 PM. Items associated with such sales shall not remain outside an enclosed building after hours.
- No sale may extend for more than 3 consecutive days (or portion thereof).
- Only one (1) garage sale may be conducted by permit on any parcel of property once per quarter of a calendar year.
- No person conducting a garage sale under the provisions of this section shall sell or offer for sale
any food or beverage for consumption at a cost to the consumer, unless a permit is obtained in
advance from the Board of Health.
- No fee or other charge shall be imposed upon members of the public attending any such sale.
- One non – illuminated sign not exceeding 4 square feet in size, nor more than 3 feet in height above grade may be displayed on the property where the sale is being held.
- A maximum of 2 off – premises directional – type signs may be used in conjunction with such garage sale providing they do not exceed 4 square feet per sign, are not more then 3 feet in height, and are limited in number to not more than 1 such directional sign per collector or arterial type roadway. All signs shall be removed within 24 hours following the conclusion of the garage sale.
- Balloons, streamers, special lighting, noise making devices or other similar adverting displays or
notices shall not be used to call attention to the garage sale.
ABSOLUTELY NO SIGNS SHALL BE PLACED ON UTILITY POLES, TREES OR RIGHT – OF – WAYS*. ALL SIGNS SHALL BE REMOVED WITHIN 24 HOURS FOLLOWING THE CONCLUSION OF THE SALE.
* The right – of – way is the grassy area located between a sidewalk and the street, or from a utility pole to the street.