New Trash Provider: Republic Services
Effective January 1, 2016 Republic Services will be your new Trash and Recycling provider. Your collection day will remain the same as when the City of Dayton collected. Service will start on January 2 for those customers that have Friday collection. Service for the first year will be $12.64 per month. Your first invoice will be mailed out the week of December 14th, 2015 for the first quarter of 2016. Thereafter, property owners will receive quarterly invoices. The invoicing process will be new for 2016 as Riverside customers were previously billed via a property tax assessment. To prevent a discontinuation of service, please pay close attention to your invoices from Republic Services.
As it was with Dayton Waste Collection, Republic will continue to provide the following service:
- Weekly curbside trash collection: you may use your own trash container or cart (not to exceed 75 pounds)
- Cart Rental: Republic Services will rental a 35, 65 or 95 gallon trash cart for a fee of $2.00 per month
- Weekly Recycling collection: Republic Services will provide a 35, 65 or 95 gallon recycling cart for free.
- Bulk waste collection: Call 1-800-543-1339 to schedule.
- Weekly yard waste collection: Include in bags or containers with normal trash.
Sign up for Recycling Services by December 18
Waste collection will occur automatically starting January 2, but for recycling collection and a recycling container, property owners need to contact Republic Services at email@example.com or call customer service at 1- 800-543-1339. In your email or phone call, provide:
- Customer Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code and Phone number
- If you will participate in recycling program and what size cart you’d like (35, 65 or 95 gallon)
- if you would like to rent a trash cart, what size you’d like (35, 65, or 95 gallon)
Frequently Asked Questions:
How should I prepare my trash for collection? When disposing of trash, make sure the lid on your cart is closed without packing your garbage too tightly. On your collection day place cart as close as possible to the curb or roadside, but do NOT place on the street. Trash carts should not exceed 75 pounds.
Need an additional cart? If you find that you need an additional cart, please call 1-800-543-1339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I am moving, what do I do? Should you move, DO NOT take the trash carts with you. Please call 1- 800-543-1339 or email email@example.com
Can I place a trash bag at the curb? Yes
Refuse collection can be hazardous. Make sure that children stay clear of curbside refuse and collection trucks. Curbside refuse should not impede pedestrian walkways or public thoroughfares and streets.
Waste and recycling services will not occur on the holiday and all collection will be delayed by one day throughout the remainder of the week.
Republic Services observes the following holidays:
- New year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
This schedule applies for all residential services.
Collection of City of Dayton Containers
You will receive new container(s) from Republic Services. Starting December 26, the City of Dayton will retrieve their waste and recycling containers as part of normal collection. Those containers that are not retrieved in the first pass will be retrieved in January. Republic Services will deliver new carts shortly following the City of Dayton’s retrieval of their containers.